eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, August 6, 2007

Day 5- Licensed to Kill, First Graphic Success, Google Up and At ‘Em

After five years of postponement, today was the day I took my licensure exam for Cosmetology. I passed! Can you believe it? With all of the time I put into this project already I thought I would drop the ball at times. So now that that is out of the way I finally will have time to dedicate to this project. Although I still haven’t gotten my rhythm yet, I feel like the steps I’ve taken already will lead me to future success.

My whole day was taken up with a fridge delivery, a big dinner, eye doctor’s appointment, and taking care of the kids. I realized how hard it is for me to work without silence and that is a real weakness when you have the husband and kids either pulling on you or making noise. The true challenge of working from home is getting work done at home.

Graphics + Words = Something Worth Paying For

Although I figured out how to enlarge my slogan just the other day, I already forgot how to do it. I finally figured it out but the lesson of the day is to “remember it or write it down.” I was tinkering with the draw utilities with Paint.net trying to come up with some graphics. I found some royalty-free ones to add to my slogans. I thought that I would be able to at least three but I only got to do one good one. The resizing was the part that took the longest for me, but I think that I got it now.

Google Can Make You GO-GO Crazy

Opening up a Google and then not being able to get in is a very crazy thing. So after a couple of attempts and a password change, I decided to revert back to my old inactive account. I’ve already paid the initial five dollars so that should save me money. I can always delete the old campaigns with a couple of clicks.

I am in the process of getting the keywords list for the ad I just placed. I can’t wait to see what kind of bids that worlds like pregnancy and baby have to offer. I don’t plan on paying a whole lot per click because I don’t have a huge markup. I also want to wait for my statistics and see my conversion rates before I start throwing money at a campaign.

Fatigue and ADD

I won’t be able to activate the campaign until tomorrow, because frankly--- I am tired. I’m still walking and eating for two and I don’t think I am going to keep driving because it actually hurts. I am counting down the days to my birthday but the spa looks like its out of the question since I can’t lay on my belly. Tomorrow you might find me adding pillows to my site because boy are they needed.

1 comment:

Wai Yien said...

keep going, you will get there.

http://wai-yien.blogspot.com/