eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, August 13, 2007

Day 11, 12, and 13- Fast Forward But Rewind

Day 11

I spent the better part of Day 11 trying to learn how to put together a web page. I have this book that I am following the example. When I am all done I can substitute the files and elements to customize it for myself.

Building a web site is like trying to build a car from toothpicks. There are so many things that you must have done perfectly to get it functioning correctly. It is very hard to detect where exactly you went wrong. So I found myself trying to solve problem after problem. The good news is if keep refreshing the page that you can catch your mistake faster.

It was easier than I thought. Every time a piece of code didn’t get me the right kind of results, it felt like a “duh” moment once I had figured it out. Knowing what you are doing helps a great deal even if it is only basic stuff. The key is to be familiar with everything you are typing. Know why. Then when you have to go back and fix something you will remember what it is because you will know why you did it in the first place.

GoDaddy Gives Good Service

Go Daddy gives me a surprise call. They really have great customer service. I was able to ask them questions about my account. I could clarify what I paid for and what they offered. Sometimes you can only tell what they are offering, but you don’t have a clue to find out what is actually available to you when you first start.

So the woman walked me through the whole process of what to do when I am finished building my site. She also recommended me some tools that would help me build the site.
She just wanted to know how I found out about them and reminded me that customer service is always there if I need them.

This was the first time that I had received this level of service. She let me know that I could get my money back within the first 30 days. Maybe this was a retention call. It doesn’t matter. If every business did this they would make a lot more money instead of chasing new customers and neglecting people that clicked on order now.



Day 12

Happy Birthday to me! I spent my Sunday like I do every other: in church. Afterwards, I was thrown a surprise baby shower, which is my second one. I was very happy with their gesture and not to mention and cash and cute baby clothes. I’m thinking about how I will split the money between the stuff to buy for baby and investing into the project. Sinc the money didn’t come from me I think it’s fair game. Plus the very thing I want to buy for baby or that I can buy since we have so much stuff already, my husband has on his to do list.

Even though I didn’t work on the project at all, I did come up with a few ideas with my brother. Without knowing what I was up to, he and I came up with a new slogan at the same time. To add to the coincidence, he told me that I should copyright it and put it on a t-shirt. So I’m hoping that this particular word will be a big hit.


Day 13

Day 13 begins with me realizing that in one day I will be considered “full-term”. That means that the baby could come at any time now. It will be interesting to see if I have dilated yet by Day 15 at my doctor’s appointment. So I looked at the craziness called my house and had to come up with a plan of attack. All the neglect accumulated from the days that I have been on this project. So I cleaned and assembled the baby stuff until I was ready to pass out.

I was able to create and organize more slogans. The site is in need of variety so the new ones may sell the site better.

I am getting a credit for my PPC campaign so I decided to pause the current one.
So here are the numbers…

Statistics

PPC clicks: 108 clicks
Cost: $11.70
Hosting: $6.99
Domain Name: 2.19
-----------------------------------
Total Business Expenses: $20.88


I keep on racking up cost. In 11 days, I’ll subscribed to pay another $6.95 for my premium store. I need to do something to bring in free traffic. For the next three days, I’m going on a Blitz.
1. Write 5 articles
2. Submit each one ten times.
3. Sign up for 10 forums total.
4. 3 posts per forum per day.
5. Request 50 pregnant friends on Myspace.
6. Sig Line – link to my site

7. upgrade the store with 20 new slogans
8. come up with 5 pages for website
9. Ezine--- with 5 issues ( other people’s articles)
10. add 3 new blog entries

If I follow this plan, it will make up for the days that I am behind. I want to get some Viral Marketing going to do the work for me. The success of the next three days determine if I will or won’t continue. I at least want to set myself up to pay for the costs that I incurred. I know that this is all a process, but if I don’t start seeing results, this project will be unplugged for the moment. Let’s pray for the opposite.

Maybe this is what I need in terms of accountability. In business, all that matters are results. If I can maximize on the new credits at a total of $50, then I can redeem myself. I am really disappointed that no one bought from this campaign yet but maybe that means that my keywords need to be adjusted.

Tomorrow is a new day, full of new hopes and dreams. Hopefully, these dreams become a reality.

No comments: