eXTReMe Tracker

Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 10- Focus On Website and Back To Basics with HTML.

Today I focus on the BigBellieMomma.com website to draw in customers instead of sending them straight to the Cafepress store. That way I have better conversion rates, save money with my adwords campaign and control more of what is going on. So far I have had trouble in tracking and adding adsense to my store. Since I am not the webmaster of that page I shouldn’t expect to have that much control. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to track and get ads on Cafepress. Putting up the site is a better use of my energy and time. I will literally be unstoppable once I create my first website.

--------------------------
Statistics:

Total number of Visitors since stats put in place: 12 unique visitors
Hosting: $6.99
Domain Name: 2.19
Google Adwords: $ 6.04
--------------------------------
Total Business Expenses: $ 15.22


Focus on website

Since the website is the main thing holding me up right now, I am taking the time to learn how to build it. I think that this is one of the most important things that will get done in this project, because it will be the property that I own. I bring the value to the customer when they can search my site for content.

Hopefully, they will feel more obligated to at least view the items from the store as a returned favor. I want to have a content-rich site that will be helpful to these expecting moms. My goal is to answer many of their questions in one website and provide links that are helpful when I can not be. I love a site with great content so I am sure they will to about the topic they are most passionate about right now.

I can’t resist looking at all the pregnant women walking down the street or in the same store in public. Sometimes I ask them how far along they are. When I am not pregnant, the first thing I usually check for is the hairstyle (since I used to work in a salon) or if they have a kid. Now I am just checking for the belly. Especially the lady with more than one kid in all different stages that is most like me.

That is why the site is near and dear to me, because it is my passion. Pregnancy and parenting go hand-in-hand. So I know that they are many women that are like me. These women are trying to find new ways to make life easier---for them and the family. That is what motivates me to come up with this site.

Back to the Basics

I am sitting here with my old text book from my college class on HTML and a couple of other references. I have been brainstorming, organizing, and planning the site for most of my time. There are some rules in usability and design that I never considered. Skimmiing the pages are still useful in putting this site together. The most important part is the a got a book called Easy Web Design that helps me to understand the most important steps in creating a website. It really keeps me organized about the process and steps needed.

Just as I get to the part where I start using some XHTML and CSS, time is up. I will retain more information as a get my rest. I have this crazy plan of learning and coming up with code to build the site tomorrow. If I had most of my content done, then I could see it as feasible. So I have got to come up with more content tomorrow.

The good thing about my planning session today is that I wrote down all of the topics I want to include on the site. This will make it easier in researching and grouping my information. Another part of the planning process is planning how my home page will look. I still have to download the pictures that I will use in the site, and then I will be prepared to type my first piece of code.

No comments: